I stumbled upon this delicious and satisfying Apple Fritter Oatmeal Pancake recipe on “Live Well 360“, an absolutely amazing fitness blog you should definitely check out! These pancakes turned out so yummy, I would definitely classify them as a healthy comfort food alternative. If you want to spice things up and make them even more delicious, you can go ahead and add a little dark chocolate and replace the water with milk (see details below). I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know…
(Makes 6 large and thick pancakes)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or stevia
- 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp + pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 cups (160 g) old-fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 medium banana, sliced (the riper the better)
- 2 cups water (you can also substitute 1 -2 glasses of water for milk)
- 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips (optional)
In a large pan, add the coconut oil and heat the diced apple on medium/high. Next add sugar or stevia, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and stir to incorporate. Allow to cook down, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Apples should be fairly translucent.
Heat griddle to medium. Spray with cooking spray. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend for about one minute. Then let the mixture sit for a few minutes to thicken. Add 3/4 of the apples to the mixture, setting aside 1/4 as the topping.
Pour 1/6 of the batter onto griddle. Flip pancake once bubbles appear.
Top with apples, and your favorite topping (my personal favorite is nut butter and maple syrup)!
You can also add an egg or two to the pancake mix for extra protein.
per serving = 1 large pancake (with water mix/without the chocolate chips)
Calories: 186 / Carbs: 35 / Fat: 4,4 / Protein: 4
Latest posts by Isabella Bazzara (see all)
- Jan Blues Fightback: Healthy Body Healthy Mind! - January 24, 2016
- What the F*ck is Self-Love Anyway #SoulCandySunday - January 18, 2016
- A Life on your Own Terms #SoulCandySunday - November 29, 2015