Nutrition is key when people say they want to have a healthy lifestyle. In my first article, I shared with you that I had previously lost 40 pounds. Well, that all came down to diet. I have always worked out and been in good shape most of my life. When I was in my mid-20’s, I went out like most of the people my age and drank too many cocktails, stayed out late, and ate very poorly at 3am. I did that most Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings.
That caught up with me big time. I would always get my workouts in everyday during the week but would binge hard on the weekends. I really didn’t care what I ate or drank. One day I was sitting in a hammock with my then boyfriend and it tipped more towards my side then his side. I was mortified and decided I better step on the scale. I had gained 40 pounds over the course of less than a year. So I decided I needed to change.
I will share with you 6 simple steps I took to help me start losing the weight and regain my health.
- Start small- I made little changes. I stopped eating 6 cookies a week and substituted my choice from a cookie after lunch to an apple with peanut butter. I also cut out alcohol – no more excessive night’s out. This was a huge change at the time.
- Don’t’t weigh yourself daily- The scale is not always your friend. To avoid being discouraged, I went by how my clothes felt and how I looked in the mirror. I then knew I was making progress.
- Get creative with chicken- If you eat meat, chicken will be your new best friend. I had chicken in almost all of my meals and found various cookbooks to help me dress it up so I wouldn’t’t get bored.
- Find a go to veggie- Most people don’t eat enough veggies so when I found out I loved broccoli, I ate it at every meal.
- Keep track of what you eat- That doesn’t’t mean you need to count calories, just be conscious of what you’re putting in your body. I would write it down so I could see if I already had too many sweets today, then I would skip the treat and go with a cup of tea.
- Meal plan- I also planned out every meal I was going to have so I had a clear direction of what my week would look like and I wouldn’t need to binge on sugar laden crackers or cookies at the grocery store.
Those are my main tips to help people who might be struggling with weight loss.
Be patient with yourself and before you know it, changes will take place in your body.
As for my current diet routine, it looks a little something like this:
- Protein pancakes
- Granola with almond milk
Lunch - Lunch is usually my biggest meal. I prefer eating most of my calories early in my day and by the time I have dinner it is something light since I don’t usually eat dinner until 8/9pm. I love trying new recipes so I go to cleaneatingmag.com quite a bit and cook something on Sundays and have that all week for lunch.
- Chicken, quinoa with artichoke hearts, & broccoli
- Salmon, green beans, side salad
- Air popped popcorn
- Homemade granola bars or almond bites (my favs)
- Apple with almond butter
- Celery with almond butter
- Tea I love my green tea all day long!!
- Bowl of veggies
- Salmon & veggies
- Homemade pizza
- Sometimes air popped popcorn
- Green smoothie
- Lindt sea salt dark chocolate- usually crave this after dinner as my treat
More yummy looking food pics from Andrea….
Also make sure you check her out on Instagram!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.
Latest posts by Andrea Eilertson (see all)
- Get your Game ON with Andrea’s Mental Fitness Tips! - May 28, 2014
- MFS Fit Babe Spotlight: Andrea Talks Training ! - May 21, 2014
- MFS Fit Babe Spotlight Series: Andrea Talks Weight Loss Nutrition ! - May 14, 2014