Abs & Thighs BURNOUT Circuit
Let the summer 2014 countdown begin! I’ve created a brand new workout series that will enable you to squeeze in a quick and effective sweat session wherever you might be this summer – no gym, no equipment, no time? NO EXCUSES! These workouts can be done anywhere, with little to no equipment at all! BAM – Let the summer sweatiness begin!
What You’ll Need For this Workout
- exercise mat
- interval timer (you can also use the online interval timer)
- optional: resistance band & dumbbells
Print or Save this Workout on your Phone
Abs & Thighs Burnout Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Set up your interval timer to 9 rounds of 50sec/10sec. intervals
- Complete 1 set of the exercises listed below, following the order in which they are shown (50sec. exercise/10sec. rest)
- Once you’ve completed the 9 exercises, take a short break (about 1 minute) as prescribed and repeat for a total of 3 sets (2 if you are more of a beginner)
- Your goal is to complete these exercises as quickly as possible, with minimal breaks in between each exercise while keeping a good form
- If any of these exercises are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation or take longer breaks in between exercises (more than 10 sec. / example: 20-30sec. breaks) or again, shorten the exercise interval time (30-40sec. instead of 50)
- In addition, if you would want to increase the intensity of this workout, you can add weights while performing these exercises, take shorter breaks in between each exercise and/or increase the number of sets you complete (4 instead of 3 for example)
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles
Abs & Thighs Burnout Workout: Exercise Demos
* = optional weights (dumbbells can be used to perform these exercises)
>> Do 50sec. of each exercise; taking a 10 second break in between exercises & repeat for a total f 3 sets!
Glute Kickback (optional: resistance band)
1st set: right leg
2nd set: left leg
3rd set: alternating right & left leg
* Sumo Squat Jumps >> forward video to 1min.
* (Bulgarian) Split Lunge
* Wood Chop (if you don’t have a dumbbell, grab an object available, like your pet…just kiddin’)
* Side Stepup (you can use a bench, chair, steps or any sturdy elevated surface)
Better Workout. Better Results.
The GYMBOSS is a small, easy to use, repeating interval timer. This multi-use timer has many versatile functions that make it beneficial to virtually any type of exercise program. Start working out like a pro and reaching your goals TODAY!
Grab your Gymboss in the color of your choice HERE
Latest posts by Isabella Bazzara (see all)
- Massage Therapy: Not Just for Relaxation ! - April 24, 2015
- Proactive Stress Management for Men! - April 15, 2015
- 10 Blogging Resources for the Self-Proclaimed Creative Souls ! - April 4, 2015