If you have been following the “Sweat on the Beach Workout (part 1)“, it’s time to kick it up a notch!
Part two of this 6-week plan is just as fun and even more challenging.
Instructions for the “Sweat on the Beach Workout (Phase 2)!
• For each circuit, do one set of each exercise in succession, rest for the prescribed amount of time, and repeat until you’ve completed all sets of each exercise;
• Don’t forget your warmup prior to each workout.
Complete one set of the following warmup exercises:
- Forward and back leg swings (10 reps)
- Side to side leg swing (10 reps)
- Sumo squat to stand (10 reps)
- Reverse lunge with reach back (8 reps)
- Low side to side lunge (8 reps)
- Single-leg hip raise with foot on foam roller (3sets; 12 reps) (place foot on short step if you don’t have foam roller)
- Side plank with reach under (3sets; 30-40sec.)
- Wide-stance plank with leg lift (3sets; 30-40sec. hold)
- Swiss-ball rollout (3sets; 15reps; 1-2min. rest)
- Single-leg squat (3sets; 12reps) (perform partial single-leg squat if too hard)
- Single-arm cable row & rotation (3sets; 12reps)
- Single-leg Db. straight-leg deadlift (3sets; 10reps)
- Db. bench press (3sets; 12-15reps; 1-2min. rest)
- Single-arm reverse lunge & press (3sets; 10reps)
- Walking Db. lunge (3sets; 12reps)
- Tricep pressdown (3sets; 12reps)
- Db. curl (3sets; 12reps; 1-2min. rest)
- Lateral band walk (2-3sets; 20reps)
- Body-weight squat with knee press out (2-3sets; 20reps)
- Lateral slide (2-3sets; 12reps)
- Single-arm stepup & press (2-3sets; 12reps) (use 5lbs. Db.)
- Swiss-ball pike (2-3sets; 15reps)
- Alternating slide out (2-3sets; 15reps; 1-2min. rest)
- Valslide reverse Db. lunge (3sets; 20reps) (No Valslide? Simply perform reverse lunge without)
- Db. side lunge (3sets; 20reps)
- Db. row (3sets; 15reps)
- T-pushup (3sets; 10reps) (Too hard? Choose easier variation: pushup or incline pushup)
- Elevated-feet Russian twist (3sets; 15reps; 1-2min. rest)
- Swiss-ball L raise (2-3sets; 12reps)
- Twisting standing Db. curl (2-3sets; 15reps) (use 8lbs. or lighter Db.)
- Lying Db. tricep extension (2-3sets; 12reps) (use 8-10lbs. or lighter Db)
- Half-kneeling rotational reverse chop (2-3sets; 15reps; 1-2min. rest)
Don’t forget to stretch those muscles after each workout!
Hope you enjoyed this challenge by The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises!
The Lift Like A Girl Guide: The Sane & Simple way to build a Better Body by Nia Shanks
Lift Like a Girl is a Complete Video Series That Will Show You How to Design Your Own Workout Programs & Follow Eating Patterns Based on Your Experience Level, Lifestyle, and Preferences. Click HERE for more details on this program.