During these fresh and cooler fall days, it seems like I have been bitten by the baking bug!
I’ve been experimenting with different sweet recipes; from cakes to pancakes, and muffins to bars, it seems like I won’t stop until I find the “Perfect Treat”!
Of course, my perfect treat will have to be healthy, tasty, as well as practical (I don’t want to spend hours preparing it or trying to find certain ingredients). If you have any recipes to share with us on My Fit Station, please send them to me by clicking HERE!
I have to admit that I rarely follow any recipe by the letter, instead, I set it as a guideline and use the ingredients I have at home. The result is always a surprise!
Oatmeal & Apple Nut Ingredients
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 4 tbsp of brown sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 small peeled & chopped apples
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of nuts (this time I used a mix of almonds and walnuts)
- 3/4 cup milk (or alternative)
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, oatmeal, sugar or honey, salt, cinnamon, & baking powder)
- Mix wet ingredients together (milk, egg, oil or applesauce, & vanilla extract)
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Add remaining ingredients to mix (mashed banana, sliced apples, & chopped nuts) & mix
- Place mix in greased muffin cups (about 12)
- Heat oven at 200 degrees celsius
- Bake for about 20-25min.
Since I only had 9 silicon muffin cups, I used the remaining of the mix to make a huge and thick pancake, the result?
Absolute deliciousness !!