Like any High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), the Tabata method is proven to increase your resting metabolic rate due to post-exercise oxygen consumption which helps you burn that extra fat like no other training system! All you need is a few minutes and a strong mind to push you through these workouts since you will need to give it your maximum effort for optimal results!
How To Do This Workout
- Warm-up for about 5 minutes before starting your workout
- Set your timer to 8 intervals/cycles of each 20/10 seconds: 20 seconds for ultra-intense exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest between each exercise. You can use the Online Tabata Timer or your Gymboss Interval Timer
- Start with Circuit 1; complete 2 consecutive sets of the whole circuit; this will take you 4 minutes
- Take a short break (30-90 seconds)
- Complete Circuits 2 & 3 following the same guidelines
- The workout should take you 12 minutes without counting the short breaks between each circuit
- Cool-down (3-5 minutes) and stretch (5-10 minutes)
- Click on each exercise to view directions & Illustrations
- Push as hard as you can during your 20 second intervals
Additional Tip: Allow your body to rest for 24-72 hours before doing another Tabata Training!
Click HERE to Print This Workout
Warm-up for 5 minutes
Burpee to Mountain climber (Ration 1/10)
Cross Knee Tuck to Hip Extension (scroll down to “Circuit Two”)
* adding a jump to each stationary lunge (not to be confused with split jump lunges. Once you are in the lunge position, you stay in it and simply jump up and down keeping your legs in the same position; right leg forward, left leg back, v.v.).
Cool-Down & Stretch
Enjoy the sweat folks!