This recipe has been a big hit so far, we’ve been eating them daily because they are simply that delicious and also ideal for fat loss, muscle gain and optimal performance…
They just make you feel like your binging on your favorite cheat foods without the side effect…if you know what I mean!
What makes them so special is the topping and the fact that these babies are ready in only 5 minutes.
(4 medium pancakes)
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Greek yogurt (not included in nutritional facts)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together in the order listed above
- Heat a little bit of oil (you can use cooking spray) in a non-stick pan
- Once your pan is hot (use medium heat), separate 4 portions (2 tbsp. each) of your batter into the pan
- After one minute, or when the pancakes start to bubble and turn golden, flip them over for another 30 seconds and you are almost done
- And now… this is where the magic happens: mix 1 Tbsp. of natural peanut butter & 1 Tbsp. of honey (ratio: 1/1) and distribute evenly on all 4 pancakes (each pancake should have 1/2 tbsp. of this mix)
I personally love to make a sandwich-like pancake using 2 pancakes and a tablespoon of the topping in between, but you can also have 1 pancake instead of two and add a piece of fruit as a healthy and lighter snack!
1 serving of 2 pancakes + 1tbsp. of peanut butter & honey mix contains:
265 calories and over 21 grams of protein (using whole eggs)
235 calories and almost 23 grams of protein (using egg whites)
Depending on the protein powder you use, this may vary. Vega Protein Powder contains 25 grams of protein and 120 calories per scoop.
I did not include the nutritional value of your cooking spray, oil or butter, so make sure you don’t go overboard with it and you should end up with a similar nutritional value!
I’m sure you will enjoy this recipe!
You might also enjoy my recipe for apple muffins with oatmeal and nuts!