Day 11, Week 2 of “The Final Push: Fit 4 2013” Challenge
It’s time for another Quick yet Powerful Tabata Workout!
Here’s How It Works
- Set your timer at 8 intervals of 20:10 seconds
- Warm-up for 5 minutes before you begin
- Perform each exercise listed for 20 seconds at maximal intensity
- Rest for 10 seconds between each exercise
- Once you have completed the 4 exercises listed, perform another set
- This adds up to a total of 4 minutes
- Cool-down & stretch when both sets are complete
- See the link towards the bottom of the page for full exercise description
It might sound easy but don’t get fooled, performing these high intensity exercises consecutively, at maximal intensity will get you amazing results if you give it your all. It’s really important to push yourself in order to reap the full benefits of this type of training.
Exercise Breakdown (link)
Find the breakdown of this workout with image demos via Chatelaine HERE!
Benefits of High Intensity Interval Training
- Fat loss (burn mega calories during and after your workout)
- Muscle growth and prevention of muscle loss
- Easy to squeeze in anywhere
- Time effective
- No equipment required
- Increase VO2 max (maximum amount of oxygen you can take in while exercising)
- Increase your metabolism and burn calories all day long
Check out “Tabata Burn: 4min. HIIT Workout” for more details about the Tabata method and the EPOC effect.
Click HERE for full Exercise Description & Image.
Don’t forget to give us a shout out and let us know how your day went on our Official Facebook Page!