Yesterday, as I was browsing the web for some inspiration, I came across Vanessa’s article. She was sharing these empowering and inspirational rules to success from Steve Stoute and they instantly spoke to me. So here I am today, spreading the goodness with you all. I know that at times, we feel like giving up, we get lazy, discouraged, what not… but don’t let these emotions get in the way! Remember that you always have the power it takes to control your mind and create your dream life. Oh, and don’t forget to check out Vanessa’s Glute Workout if you want to know how to get those round, strong and tight buns, she’s quite an inspiration herself!
9 Rules To Success
- Make the decision. Begin with the end in mind. A year from now you will wish you had started today. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t step forward, you’ll always be in the same place. Stop making excuses as to why you can’t succeed. It’s your life, are you happy with it or are you ready to make a change? Set clear goals of what you want and be determined to succeed. If you don’t dare to begin, you don’t stand a chance of getting there. Just imagine what would you attempt to do if you knew you couldn’t fail. Exactly. Change your state of mind. You must learn to cross the line between dreaming and actually doing. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Fail to try and you have failed. Never be afraid to try. Remember…Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic.
- Learn to fall in love with the pain of hard work and commitment. If it wasn’t hard work, everyone would do it. The HARD is what makes the triumph that much more glorious! Get your mind right. Don’t live life with regrets or wishful thinking, make it happen. If the path less traveled by were easy, then everyone would take that path, thus making success simply average. Truth is, the path for success is only taken by those that see it as opportunity. There comes a time when at one point in your life you either have the things you want, or the excuses why you don’t. The choice is yours. Take the opportunity to work hard and reap its successes, or just sit there and keep wishing. We weren’t born winner or losers, we were born choosers. You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to WORK for it, though.
- Know that pain is temporary. Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. It’s always your choice. Would you rather suffer working out, or suffer looking in the mirror and not like what you see? Keep your mind focused on succeeding and you will. Yesterday you said tomorrow, stop procrastinating. Time to get it done today. You never know how good it feels to push yourself physically, until you push yourself. Don’t just go through the motions of your workout, feel every muscle you are using and push to your max every single time. If you don’t, don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do. Your fitness is 100% mental. Your body won’t go where your mind doesn’t push it. So, train your mind and your body will follow.
- Every day matters. You know how great you feel when you workout? Think how great you’d feel if you worked out consistently. Train every single day and go to bed with satisfaction because “the sharpest knife in the drawer only stays #1 with constant sharpening.” Strive for progress, not perfection. Every rep counts, every breath counts, every calorie counts. Prove to yourself that you can do it. Remember great habits = great results.
- Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. Don’t let obstacles stop you. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Never give up. Have you hit a brick wall? Aim higher and jump over it. Don’t pity yourself. Successful people only succeed because they learn from their failures. Always try one more time, and you will be successful. Persistence = Success. No excuses. Do what you CAN, where you ARE, with what you HAVE. When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
- If you want something you’ve never had, you must do something you’ve never done. It’s too hard, too much work? Well, you either do it, or you don’t. Anything in life worth having takes dedication, persistence, commitment, and hard work… The truth of the matter is that you always know what the right thing to do is. The hard part is doing it. So, STOP complaining! When you spend time complaining about obstacles you are facing, you are wasting so much time being negative that you are actually losing chances to move forward. Instead of thinking of challenges as problems, think of them as opportunities. No one said it would be easy, simply that it would be worth it.
- Be Self-Disciplined. Know what your weakness is and attack it mentally and physically. Do everything you can to avoid any temptation or laziness. If you know you love sweets, skip the candy isle at the supermarket. If you know you get tired later during the day then workout in the morning. Take control of your life, start living the life you want. The difference between who you ARE & who you want to BE is what you DO. You need to have an unstoppable attitude, you need to have determination. Self-discipline is remembering what you want and letting nothing stand in your way of achieving it. The action creates the energy, that creates the habit, that creates the results, that creates the confidence, that creates the consistency. Do it every single day!
- The more successful you become, the more humble you should be. He who is humble, is confident and wise. He who brags, is insecure and lacking. Successful people do what unsuccessful people don’t dare. Don’t be the person that thinks he knows everything. There is always room to learn, but no one wants to learn from someone who is egotistic. If you are successful, it will show, no need for boasting. Be the person who creates success for his own satisfaction and is ready to help others follow in his successes. Be a leader, be the motivation that others need, be their inspiration.
- If you respect someone’s success, do not feel ashamed to imitate their successful behavior. Accept that you don’t know everything. Don’t try to re-invent the wheel. If you know something works and works well, why try and change it? If someone is successful, don’t be embarrassed or ashamed to imitate what got them success, follow it. It is the same concept when it comes to diet, nutrition, health, and fitness. If someone has previously experienced what you are going through and has gotten the results you want, don’t be afraid to follow their behavior! This might actually save you a lot of failed attempts and get you better results and more success than you hoped for.
ENJOY THE JOURNEY! AND KNOW THAT IT’S WORTH YOUR WHILE!
Don’t forget to give us a shout out and let us know how your day went on our Official Facebook Page!