Straight out from The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises (one of my favorites), I’m sharing yet another set of workouts that are great for when you are in a hurry or simply don’t feel like wasting any time at the gym. These workouts are deigned to burn fat and the only equipment you will be needing is a pair on dumbbells, you won’t even have to change the amount of weight you use from one move to the next!
- Make sure you warm-up before you begin each workout (you can also start off with a cardio session)
- Do each workout (A/B/C) once a week, resting for at least a day between each training session
- For each exercise in which you raise and lower a weight, take 2 seconds to lower the weight or your body, pause in the down position, and then take 2 seconds to lift the weight, keeping tension in your muscles the entire time.
- The number of SETS/REPS/REST time are listed next to each exercise in this same order
- The exercises are to be performed as part of a group. Instead of completing all sets of an exercise at once, do only one set (ex.1A), rest for the prescribed amount of time, then move to the next exercise (ex. 1B), continue in this matter until you complete all of the exercises listed.
- Once you are done doing your first set, repeat until you complete the prescribed amount of sets and move on to the next set of exercises (ex. 2A-2B) and repeat in the same manner
- If any of the given exercises are too hard, feel free to substitute the variation of the movement that allows you to perform the prescribed number of reps.
- Once you’re done, don’t forget to cool-down & stretch
Click HERE for a Free Printable PDF version of these Workouts
*click on each exercise to view demo
1A. Dumbbell bench press (4 sets, 8 reps, 1min. rest)
1B. Kneeling supported neutral-grip dumbbell row (4 sets, 8-12 reps, 1min. rest)
2A. Incline dumbbell bench press (3 sets, 5 reps, 0min. rest)
2B. Dumbbell squat (3 sets, 12 reps, 1min. rest)
1A. Dumbbell split squat (4 sets, 8 reps, 1min. rest)
1B. Single-arm dumbbell shoulder press (4 sets, 12 reps, 1min. rest)
2A. Dumbbell straight-leg deadlift (3 sets, 10 reps, 0min. rest)
2B. Single-arm dumbbell swing (3 sets, 15-20 reps, 1min. rest)
1A. Dumbbell stepup (4 sets, 8 reps, 1min. rest)
1B. Lying supported neutral-grip dumbbell row (4 sets, 12 reps, 1min. rest)
2A. Standing dumbbell curl (4 sets, 10 reps, 0min. rest)
2B. Lying dumbbell triceps extension (4 sets, 12 reps, 1min. rest)
Have a smashing workout!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.