First off, I’d like to say that if you are looking for a specific “diet” or a “magic pill” that will be the end to your unhealthy ways and it will be that easy, I am here to break that way of thinking. Instead of speaking of your new “diet” call it your new “lifestyle,” because this is not just a change in your diet, but an ongoing lifestyle!
It is simply this, you should eat 5 meals a day with 3 hours in between each meal. Or if some have hectic schedules (like me) have 3 full meals, but make sure to be snacking in between!!
- Remember WHY you started,
- Practice positive self-affirmations,
- DON’T compare yourself to others.
- Meditate on your goals, visualize yourself succeeding,
- Dedicate yourself to your goals, make a commitment to yourself, don’t do it for anyone else. You want to make yourself proud!
- Most important….Believe in yourself!!
Don’t let one meal lead to spiraling out of control!
I understand how hard it is to resist the temptations, in the beginning, but I promise, the urges do diminish over time. BUT DO NOT DEPRIVE YOURSELF. If your body is asking for something sweet or salty, in moderation, feed your craving once or twice a week. If you are eating clean 90% of the time, you will only benefit from a cheat meal. Don’t use it as an excuse to binge or get off track though, so in other words, don’t let one meal lead to spiraling out of control.
I know that little voice inside that is constantly bugging you that you NEED a snack, or you NEED one more piece, or you’re too tired, or the results aren’t coming as quick as you want… these thoughts seem to override any goal at that very moment, you give in, and after feel like crap…
You DO have control over your mind and body if you try, so don’t let it control you!
Like I said in the previous article, it is all about self control and self discipline. I wouldn’t repeat it so much if it wasn’t. You DO have control over your mind and body if you try, so don’t let it control you! Do not let the uncomfortable feelings of change stop you! Change is good! (;
What should your Diet Consist Of?
You need a balanced diet, not one that cuts out carbs, not one that cuts out fruits or veggies… If you want a sustainable diet that will last and you won’t end up binging or spiraling out of control, you can’t deprive your body of nutrients; us humans need to feed our bodies with FOOD, we are machines that require fuel!
You can’t deprive your body of nutrients; us humans need to feed our bodies with FOOD!
Now, I know a lot of you want to look all hard and defined like these competitors on stage and models, well in reality they have a “peak” on stage where they only look like that for a day or less! They endure months and months of dieting and cutting out everything except chicken and asparagus all day, every day and probably include 2 hrs. of cardio/day while using harsh fat burners and then dehydrate themselves before stage…. Now does that sound realistic to you?? Unfortunately that just is NOT reality and will only cause internal problems. I thought we were in this to be HEALTY right??
If you do want to compete, I recommend you contact me personally or find a coach, because that requires a whole different approach..
My daily Outline of When & What I Eat!
I like to keep my diet simple, my daily routine varies and I like to switch up the foods I consume! So, I will give you a vague outline, including the timing of each one of my meals. Here is what a typical day looks like for me: feel free to switch it up and modify it to your own needs and preferences (so wherever I put tempeh or tofu or whatever you don’t like, you can substitute with chicken or any meat, any complex carb, or veggie).
7am- Wake up and drink a full cup of water to get the metabolism going!
½ cup Gluten Free Oats w/ Cinnamon a few Almonds and Walnuts and 1/3 cup Blueberries/3 Egg whites or Protein shake w/ 15g protein.
- 9:30- 1 Apple with 1 tbsp Almond Butter/Green Drink Smoothie/3.5 oz Tempeh
- 12- 3.5 oz Chicken Breast lettuce wrap/½ cup Brown Rice
- 2:30- 4 oz Tuna or Tofu in Gluten Free Brown Rice wrap with Mixed Green Lettuce
- 5- 4.5 oz Tilapia w/ ½ cup Quinoa/Spring Mix salad with Walden’s Farm Dressings
- Before bed- 5 Egg whites
- My post workout- is with water a protein shake of at least 20g protein, immediately post-workout (within 30 minutes)
- My pre workout- is a banana! (; If I have a banana I will cut out brown rice or some carb source in my outline.
Here’s a link to where I give a great amount of options on my website for every meal & each food group, so you can pick and choose: Healthy Meal Plan options
Your metabolism is like a fire, you must keep it burning!
Remember; Your metabolism is like a fire, you must keep your metabolism burning, eating every 2-3 hours. When you do not eat for more than 3 hours, your body goes into starvation mode, storing anything else that you consume as fat! So eat MORE, not less!
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE RECIPE (at the moment lol)
I made it up, so I can get all my veggies, protein, carbs, and fats, all in 1 serving! Make a lot so you can pack it up on the go during your week.
- Meat of your choice, I usually do Chicken, Tofu, or Tempeh
- Red, Orange, & Yellow Bell Peppers
- Green Beans
- Kale, Chard, & Spinach
- Minced Garlic
- White Onion
- 1 tbsp. Braggs Aminos
- 1 capful Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Diced Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon juice
- Cayenne Pepper
- Some Salt-free Seasonings (whatever seasonings you may have)
- On medium heat, Sautee 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil with minced garlic and chopped white onion until very lightly browned (so you can brown a little more with bell peppers) while sautéing, you can chop up the rest of your vegetables.
- Add in bell peppers, to lightly brown as well
- Add in green beans, cook for a couple min. (they take the longest to cook)
- Add in all the rest of the ingredients and stir frequently until desired tenderness of veggies. (I like to keep most still crunchy, not too soft.)
- Serve on top of ½ cup of Quinoa (keen-wah) or Brown Rice
Remember anything is possible! Believe in yourself!!
Meditate, Dedicate, Dominate
Stay tuned for next week’s “MFS Fit Babe Spotlight Series” guest post, where our Fit Babe Kayla will be sharing her HOT workout & training tips!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.