“Girls shouldn’t lift weights!” “You’re going to look like a man!” “Men don’t like girls who can lift more than them.” Blah blah blah.
I don’t know about any of you, but I am so tired of hearing these comments that are made by many individuals on a regular basis. I love to lift weights, and I like to go heavy. The more weight, the better. The heavier I can go, just goes to prove to myself that I am improving and getting better day by day!
I love fitness, all types of workouts. Anything is better than nothing. If you prefer hiking, biking, and running over lifting weights, than good for you! Stick to what works for you. There are numerous ways to get a workout in. I do not believe in excuses. If you want something bad enough, then get after it. You may have to rearrange a few things in your life, and reevaluate your priorities but…
YOU CAN DO IT!
As I train for my figure competition, my training gets pretty intense. I am currently training 6 days a week with 1 rest day.
My Typical Training Schedule
(I shoot for 4 sets of 15 reps per exercise. If I go heavier I’ll bump it down to 4 sets of 10, if I choose to have a lighter day, I will bump my reps up until I can feel that ever so lovely BURN!)
- Monday: LEGS AND SHOULDERS
- Tuesday: BACK AND BICEPS
- Wednesday: CARDIO AND ABS
- Thursday: CHEST AND TRICEPS
- Friday: LEGS, SHOULDERS AND GLUTES
- Saturday: On Saturdays, I pick whatever it is I feel needs extra work for that given week. (: Keep the body guessing!
- Sunday: Off day!! Relax and let my body rest (when you rest, your muscles grow! (; ) Although I still usually end up doing something somewhat active whether it’s going for a walk, or playing with the puppy. I find I’m in a much better mood when I’m active rather than just sitting around.
My Training TIPS
- Listen to your body
- Don’t overdo yourself. This is when injuries happen
- Make sure to determine which weight YOU should be working with. Never go off of someone else’s workout
- Have fun with your workouts. Mix them up a little and enjoy what you are doing!
- Keep that smile on (:
- Sweat at least once a day
- Use a spot when necessary
- Keep yourself thinking positive throughout your entire workout. Don’t allow yourself to get discouraged
- Find a workout buddy. This will help motivate you on a regular basis
- Set reasonable goals for yourself
- Make sure you have a complete understanding on how to do an exercise before doing it to reduce the chances of any injuries
- LEAVE YOUR I CANT’S AND EXCUSES AT HOME!!
!Serious about getting in shape?
Check out Tylor’s Online Services for: Individual Workouts & Meal Plans!
!Stay tuned for next week’s MFS Fit Babe Spotlight Series where our October Fit Babe, Tylor, shares her “Mind Fitness” Tips!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.