healthy spinach cheese casserole recipe! I love pasta but to be quite honest, I usually have trouble sticking to “normal” portion sizes, it’s just the kind of food that I tend to overindulge in! However, using extra spinach and cheese in this recipe will get you fuller faster without that much pasta at the end! Leftovers are just as delish ((although they never last that long in this household))… Serve with a side of fresh and crunchy salad & enjoy!
Healthy Spinach Cheese Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 250g of whole wheat penne (or pasta of your choice)
- 675g frozen spinach, thawed and defrosted (about 1 1/2 frozen package)
- 500g partly-skimmed or fat-free Ricotta cheese
- 15g shredded parmesan cheese (about ½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Seasoning to taste (I simply used salt & pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Cook pasta al dente using 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and salt
- Mix defrosted spinach and ricotta cheese together, adding seasoning
- Toss cooked pasta in the spinach and cheese and mix
- Grease 9×13 inch baking dish with a little olive oil
- Place 1/2 of the casserole mix in the baking dish and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese
- Add the other half of the mix and top with a little bit of olive oil and remaining shredded cheese
- Bake for about 30min. or until golden on the top
- Let cool down for 10min.
- Serve and enjoy!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.