Healthy – Nutella…? Do those two words even belong together?
I say: “HELL YES”! Honestly, I don’t believe in eating clean 100% of the time – all the time! That’s just a little too intense for me, I love my treats & these yummy, moist & fluffy Healthy-fied Nutella Muffins only contain a teaspoon of delicious creamy nuttiness per serving anyways! But don’t get fooled, their chocolaty hazelnut-filled center brings a whole new level to their yumminess!
Healthyfied Nutella Muffin Recipe
((Makes 10 muffins))
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 10 tsp. Nutella (1 tsp. per muffin cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray (unless you are using silicone molds like I did)
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together wet ingredients and stir in dry ingredient mix
- Add walnuts to the mixture
- Fill up each muffin cup 1/2 way, add 1 tsp. of Nutella and cover up with the other half of the muffin mix
- Bake for 25-30min. or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (try inserting toothpick a little more to the side so that you don’t stick it in the melted Nutella)
For an even more healthyfied chocolate muffin recipe, you can replace the 1 tsp. of Nutella with a dark and organic chocolate spread or even a small square of dark chocolate (70% cacao or over)
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.