What does your ideal life look like?
Are YOU putting yourself in an environment that resonates with who you truly desire to BE aka “the Strongest Version of Yourself”?
Everything that comes into our bodies must come out, right? From the music that we listen to, to the foods that we savor, the physical activity that takes place, and so on… All of these aspects & more, have a direct impact on how we feel physically, emotionally & spiritually.
The foods that we consume are highly responsible for building new cells in our bodies, and guess what – we humans, are made out of billions of cells! So ask yourself this: do you want to be fueled by crappy processed “food-like” products or vibrating and energizing real human food? Physical activity also has a direct impacts on our minds, the way our brains function, how happy and confident we feel, just to name a few…
Become hooked on meaningless TV shows and you’ll probably find yourself mimicking them in real life. One the other hand, fuel your mind with wisdom and powerful ideas & words and see yourself grow, evolve & become a warrior instead – which one do you pick?
Isn’t it fascinating???
YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW YOU EXPERIENCE YOUR LIFE!!!
The way you feel today, NOW, has EVERYTHING to do with how you repeatedly FUEL your body, mind and soul (no matter what circumstances you find yourself in).
Change your Fuel; Change your Life!
The journey to carving your own EPIC path to greatness can sometimes get quite lonely & scary when you don’t repeatedly FUEL your body, mind & soul purposefully. Making little changes, one at the time & slowly developing new EMPOWERING HABITS can drastically improve the way you experience your life, the kind of attitude that you have and your general well-being – so why not choose wisely & equip yourself with the greatest tools in order to become the strongest version of yourself?
There are so many fruitful resources to choose from out there – unfortunately, many people constantly expose themselves to JUNK, trash & wonder why they feel crappy, helpless, depressed, stuck, angry and fearful… don’t follow the crowd, don’t settle for mediocrity – MAKE YOUR OWN RULES & CREATE A LIFE THAT WORKS FOR YOU instead!
Here’s what I’ve been fueling my body, mind & soul with lately – perhaps it will get you inspired to find your own POWER FUEL!?
My BODY, MIND & SOUL FUEL
YouTube Channels I’ve been Lovin’
- Elliot Hulse (on becoming the strongest version of yourself through building a strong body & mind). You can also check out his Strength Camp channel HERE (for more strength training & structural integrity tips)
- Infinite Waters (diving deep) by Ralph Smart (on becoming the greatest version of yourself)
- Gabrielle Berstein (on manifesting miracles)
- Marie Forleo (on creating a business & life you love)
Books I’m currently into
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise & Brain Function by John J. Ratey. I’m becoming more and more passionate about how exercise impacts the functionality of our brains. The studies, research and knowledge shared in this book is bringing me to a whole new level of exercise motivation!
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving & Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina. I’ve barely got started devouring this one… but I’m seriously looking forward to diving into the new scientific finds of how our brains work and more importantly – how we can utilize this great tool to our own advantage!
- The Education of a Millionaire: Everything you Won’t Learn in Collage about How to Be Successful by Michael Ellsberg. I believe that everybody should listed to their heart, follow their gut & do SHIT that get’s their groove on and makes them truly ecstatic in life – life is to short, PERIOD. I also find that our educational system is missing out on a HUGE chunk of resources that are literally crucial in providing the tools that allow people to lead a successful, meaningful and fulfilling life in our days. But who said that that was the end goal of our educational establishments, right? In this book, Michael shares the “street-smarts” that he would of liked to have available while he was struggling in finding his direction in life – learn how to upgrade your mind through self-education with the wisdom & tools found in this book!
Instagramers I’ve been diggin’
- Shauna Harrison: I absolutely love & admire this chick’s rebellious & passionate attitude for life and fitness all together! Shauna is also a badass co-author here on My Fit Station. Find her fresh & innovative #fitspo articles HERE.
- Manko Fit: Massy is a celebrity trainer and fitness competitor that has healed her depression with her ongoing positive attitude & commitment to health & fitness. Loving her ambitious vibes!
- The Betty Rocker: I keep getting inspired by this babe’s health & fitness journey as well as her yummy recipes! You might know Bree via The Body Fuel System (a complete eating guide for optimal health & sexiness – more about that in a moment)
- Pat Bailey: Impressive Yoga moves combined with beautiful scenery = magical inspiration!
Useful Online Fitness Resources aka non BS fitness bloggers
- Nerd Fitness with Steve Camb: all about debunking common fitness myths and providing you with useful and applicable tools to get you healthy & fit the smart & nerdy way (you’ll love Steve’s blog that much more if you’re into strength training & Paleo eating)
- Bret Contreras aka “The Glute Guy”: if you want stronger glutes, a firmer behind, a total booty makeover… you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for on Bret’s blog! He’s called “The Glute Guy” for a reason people – through years & years of research & trial and error, Bret has made true discoveries on glute activation & so much more – make sure you check out his interview with My Fit Station: You’re Top 12 Urging Booty Q’s: Answered!). ps. I’m actually doing his Strong Curves: Glute Workout Program now (and absolutely love it)! there is simply no better BOOTY information out there – his thorough research & client’s results proves it all!
- Fit Villains: for Selfish, Shameless, Sassy Fitness inspiration! Her blog is more of a constant reminder of what “self-love” stands for in a overly-crowded self-conscious fitness industry (I’d LOVE to have this lady share her ambitions, love for movement & female power on MFS someday – hint hint)!
Healthy Online Diet Advice
- The Body Fuel System by my gal Bree: as I mentioned above, you are what you eat; literally. For that very reason, it is crucial to grasp the basics about healthy nutrition & how different foods affect the way your body works in order to function properly, feel energized, be healthy & look glowing & sexy! Check out Bree’s 30-day eating guide for more details on her system HERE. I adhere to and continuously recommend Bree’s ebook to everyone that is serious about developing a healthy and effective nutritional regimen for ongoing health and optimal physique, BANG)!
- Food Babe with Vani: with all of the controversial health and nutrition advice you can find online, Vani makes it simple to get the information you need when it comes to making healthy dietary choices on a day-to-day basis- whether you’re eating out, wondering what proclaimed “health food” is truly healthy for you and learning the basics about good nutrition: her blog has a lot of juicy tips that will help you get fit and healthy!
Podcasts I’ve been picking up on (and brisk walking along with)
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast with Pat Flynn (on building a transparent & valuable smart passive income online – honest & authentic hands-on online business resources & tools)
- The Accidental Creative Podcast with Todd Henry (on thriving as a creative mind & worker in today’s continuous “create-on-demand” world – rockin’ interviews with the leading creative minds themselves)
- The Unplug Podcast with Deb Orarko (on creating a more passionate, compassionate, interconnected world – supercharge yourself with paradigm-busting wisdom)
- Underground Wellness Radio with Sean Croxton (on non BS health, fitness & nutrition advice directly from the experts – in-depth studies & research by leaders in the field)
*make sure you checkout these peeps blogs, websites and/or YouTube channels as well (they ROCK)!
My workout regimen is a work in progress & changes quite often, just like everything else in life (you can have a look at my Workout Logs HERE)! At the moment, I have added a morning cardio session that I do as soon as I wake up (on most days), followed by a strength training routine in the afternoon. Also, I am looking forward to getting more active outdoors (moving my lawn, renovating and gardening at my cottage house, going out for a bike ride or walk, etc.). Over time, I have become well aware of the drastic impact exercise has on my life – and I certainly don’t want to miss out on the greatness, neither should YOU! If you don’t know where to get started, don’t overthink it and JUST START MOVING! Sign up for a group class, go for a brisk walk in the morning, do simple bodyweight exercises at home, grab a workout DVD. You can also check out our monthly workout calendars for free monthly workout programs that you can follow!
I’ve recently realized that my breathing was quite shallow and limited. A few days back, my mother (who also happens to be the co-founder of the “Satyam Hatha Yoga School” in the old-port of Montreal City) suggested I start practicing a breathing meditation called “The Complete Yoga Breath” to become more aware of my breathing while calming down the monkey mind ((or rather, learning how to not be so reactive to it)). So I began BREATHING & meditating & honestly I am finding it challenging & quite irritating at the moment! But like any new habit, I expected it to be a challenge & I’m actually curious to see where my practice leads me on the long run!
The Peeps in your Life
Surround yourself with people who inspire you, who empower themselves… That doesn’t mean that you automatically have to push away of all those who do not seem to have big, extravagant & juicy goals & dreams – because they might have something to teach you as well, and vice versa. But keep this quote by Jim Rohn in mind:
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
>> Keep in mind that this list keeps changing over time, my only rule is that I remain excited about what I’m learning!
What are YOU FUELING your body, mind & soul with repeatedly? Care to share?
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.