It was my man’s b-day earlier on this week and I decided to whip him up one of his all-time favorite treats (which is basically any kind of chocolate rich cake that is moist and nutty). These babies were spot on, not only where they absolutely finger-liking good but they are also vegan & since we’ve been loving our increased plant-powered lifestyle lately: I consider this chocolaty experiment a mission accomplished! Time to share the goodness!!
This recipe was inspired by Southern in Law’s Vegan Fudge Brownie recipe. I’ve made a few modifications to her recipe by using the ingredients available to me and the result was definitely scrumptious!
Vegan Brownies Recipe
> Makes 8 Big Vegan Brownies (or 16 normal)
2 cup half-white flour (minus 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar (you can also use coconut sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 3/4 cup medium roast filter coffee
For Chocolate Glaze
- 4 squares of dark chocolate (I used 85% cacao Lindt Chocolate)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Grease 7 x 11 baking dish with a little bit of coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together dry brownie ingredients
- Mix in coconut oil, chilled coffee and almond milk until well combined
- Pour vegan brownie batter into baking dish and bake for about 20 min. or until fork inserted removes clean (mine were good to go after 18 minutes)
While your brownies are baking, prepare your chocolate glaze
- In a frying pan, melt dark chocolate & coconut oil on low heat
- Remove the melted chocolate and coconut oil from the heat and place into a small bowl slowly adding almond milk while mixing continuously
- Once well combined, add cocoa powder to the bowl, keep mixing until it forms a smooth and creamy glaze
- Once your brownies are out of the oven, let them cook down for about 15 minutes, top with chocolate glaze & chopped hazelnuts
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.