We’ll never get enough of those butt workouts – won’t we? Today’s lower body & glutes workout circuit is a combination of some of my favorite booty sculpting moves which you’ll be able to perform from basically anywhere if you have the required pieces of equipment available (see below)!
The glutes are one of the strongest muscles of the human body & too often, due to a sedentary lifestyle & not enough glute strengthening exercises, people suffer from injuries and additional chronic pain located in the knees, lower back, groin muscles and ever shoulders which is oftentimes directly related to gluteal amnesia. So let’s get those glutes activated starting right NOW!
What You’ll Need For this Workout
- exercise mat
- exercise bench or chair
- resistance band
- Swiss ball
- plyo box (see how you can make your own plyo box) or a sturdy stool/stairs
- a pair of dumbbells (approx. 2 x 10 lbs – optional)
Print or Save this Workout on your Phone
BootyFull Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Optional: do a 20 minute light cardio session before starting this workout (brisk walk, bike ride, elliptical, etc.)
- Perform all 4 sets of each exercise listed below before proceeding to the next exercise
- Take a 30-60 sec. break between each set
- Your goal is to complete all exercise reps & sets efficiently while keeping a good form (if you lose your form, take a longer break or complete less reps/or reduce weights)
- If any of these exercises are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation or take longer breaks in between exercises
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles once you’re all done!
BootyFull Workout: Exercise Demos
*Complete 4 Sets of the Following Exercises – Reps are listed prior to each exercise*
12-15 Side Lunge to Curtsy/side – using Dumbbells for additional challenge (optional)
30 Box Jumps
20 Swiss Ball Leg Extensions
20 Seated Elastic Leg Abduction + 20 seconds hold (while legs abducted)
A Woman’s Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body!
This is not your run-of-the-mill fitness book. Developed by world-renowned gluteal expert Bret Contreras, Strong Curves offers an extensive fitness and
nutrition guide for women seeking to improve their physique, function, strength and mobility. Are you ready for those strong curves? Click HERE to grab your copy!