Today’s guest blogger recipe is by Shan Cooper via My Food Religion! This fit foodie is on a serious mission: making healthy food taste absolutely delicious! And I believe that she’s got me convinced with these finger-licking, tasty looking chocolate chip and coconut cookies!
I love cookies. Especially the choc chip kind when they are warm out of the oven & the chocolate is still melty…. Is that even a word? Meh, it is now. Melty chocolate is the best, unless of course it has done its ‘melty’ business somewhere it shouldn’t, as in, not in a cookie but in your handbag. That’s not cool. You know what else isn’t cool? Cookies that are packed with processed sugar, highly refined white flour & weird dodgy fats like margarine.
These cookies are totally cool though so don’t you worry about that!
Choc Chip Coco-nutty Cookies Ingredients
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (ghee or butter is fine too)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Pinch rock salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 100g block Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate(or chocolate of your choice) chopped into small chunks
- 1 vanilla pods, beans scraped out (1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract is fine too)
- OPTIONAL – 1/4 cup honeyor maple syrup (I didn’t sweeten mine but you can)
Choc Chip Coco-nutty Cookies Directions
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- (now I used my food processor to make these because I am totally lazy, you can mix it by hand if you feel the need to work your guns)
- So, add the coconut oil, eggs & coconut butter to the food processor & blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients except the chocolate & mix to form a dough.
- Stir through the choc chunks.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, roll the dough into balls and shape into cookies (these will not spread so make sure they look like the shape you want before you bake them)
- Bake for about 15mins or until golden around the edges.
- Get them in you mouth and wait for the magic to happen!! These babies are best eaten warm but can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. They do freeze well also.
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.