This Standing Yoga Sequence is brought to you by the co-founder of the Yoga Satyam School in the old Montreal, AND my beautiful & free spirited mom, Lidija!
>> Read full instructions below.
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Standing FLOW” Yoga Sequence
> Instructions <
- Triangle Pose – Take a wide stance with your right leg facing forward, toes pointing to the front, left leg facing to the side, turn your foot slightly forward. Turn your hips slightly towards the right leg in order to extend both sides of your torso while lowering your body. Engaging both legs, lower down sideways from the hips, bringing your right hand down towards the floor, either on a block behind your leg or keeping your hand on the leg without applying a lot of pressure on it (you should feel a stretch on the inside of your right leg). Keep your hand underneath your shoulders and extend your left arm up towards the ceiling, aligned with your right arm. Hold the posture for 20-30 secs.
- Extended Side Angle Pose – Bend your right knee into a Lunge position, right leg facing forward, toes pointing to the front, knee bent at a 90-degree angle, making sure that it is not going over your toes or turning inwards. Left leg is facing to the side, foot slightly forward. Start bending downwards from the hips towards your right leg making sure both sides of your torso are lengthened (not shortening your right side). Bring your right elbow onto your right thigh, beneath the shoulder and extend your left arm over your head, forming a straight line from your heel to fingers. Hold the posture for 20-30sec.
- Half Moon – From the extended Side Angle pose, move to the Half Moon pose, bending your right knee and sliding your back leg towards your front foot. Lift your left leg off the ground, bringing your right hand on a block about a foot in front of you, aligned with your small toe. Keeping your torso facing sideways. Straighten your right leg without hyperextending it and extend your left leg out, parallel to the ground, engaging both legs and your left heel. Bring your left arm up towards the ceiling, aligned with your right arm. Hold the posture for 15-30sec. Gently come back down into Extended Side Angle Pose for a breath by bending the right knee and bringing your left leg to the floor. From here, straighten your legs and come up, turn your hip slightly towards the right leg & come back into triangle pose for a breath.
- Downward Dog – Come back up from your triangle pose, bring your feet together to the front of your mat. From here, come down onto your knees, into the cat pose, standing on all 4’s, with knees underneath the hips and hands open wider than shoulder width, slightly forward. From there, lift your hips up into downward dog, transferring your weight onto your legs, heals towards the floor, straightening your legs as much as you can and bringing your tailbone up. Lengthen your spine & entire torso. Rotate your shoulders towards the outside. Hold for 20-30 sec.
>> REPEAT THIS SEQUENCE TO THE LEFT SIDE * REPEAT ON BOTH SIDES FOR A TOTAL OF 2-3 SETS.
- Seated Twist – From the downward dog, come back down on all 4’s and assume a seated position, with legs straight out in front of you. Bend the right knee over the left and then, bend the left knee as well. Before going into the twist, inhale and place fingertips of both hands behind you, lengthening the spine upwards and exhale – begin turning to the right from the waist up, hugging your right leg and placing your right arm behind you. Hold for 20-30sec.
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.