What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Tone Me Up” AMRAP Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5-10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up (I like to dance)!
- Set up your stopwatch or timer to 15 minutes
- Perform each exercise listed below, following prescribed amount of repetitions, quickly moving from one exercise to the next (with minimal breaks between exercises)
- Once you complete all 4 exercises, take a 30-60sec. break and repeat until your timer beeps (after 15 minutes)
- Your goal is to complete as many reps as possible while maintaining proper form all throughout the workout
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
“Tone Me Up” AMRAP Workout: Exercise Description
>> Timer Settings: 15 minutes
- Side Lunge Skip – start in a standing position, feet shoulder width apart, arms by your side. Bring your right leg into a side lunge position, bending both elbows and bringing hands together in front of the chest. Making sure that your right knee isn’t passing over your toes. Right after landing into your lunge, skip up off your right foot and land softly on the balls of your foot, bringing your left leg back to the side so that you return into side plank position. Keep going until your time is up. Don’t forget to switch sides during your next set!
- Knee Tuck to Leg Extension – starting in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck). Bring your right knee straight to your chest, hold for a count and extend your leg back out and up, contracting your glutes, without placing your foot back to the floor in between moves. Repeat reps on the other side.
- Prisoner Jacks – start in a squat position, feet shoulder width apart, knees bent to a 45-90-degrees without passing the toes and hands behind the head. Keeping your core tight and knees slightly bent, jump into a wide stance squat position, as you would while doing a traditional jumping jacks but while keeping your knees bent at all times. Keep going until your time is up.
- Twisted Crunch on All 4’s – start on all 4’s with knees underneath the hips and hands underneath the shoulders. Place the fingers of your right hand to the side of your head, tighten the core & twist up to your right, opening your chest sideways. Next, twist & tighten the torso & bring your right elbow to towards your left hand. Squeeze and hold for a count and come back up. Repeat on the other side.
How many sets where you able to COMPLETE? Let us know in the comment below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.