We’re back with yet another Yoga Flow Sequence brought to you by the co-founder of the Yoga Satyam School in the old Montreal, AND my beautiful & free-spirited mom, Lidija!
>> Read full instructions below.
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Standing FLOW” Yoga Sequence
> Instructions <
- Triangle Pose – Take a wide stance with your right leg facing forward, toes pointing to the front, left leg facing to the side, turn your foot slightly forward. Turn your hips slightly towards the right leg in order to extend both sides of your torso while lowering your body. Engaging both legs, lower down sideways from the hips, bringing your right hand down towards the floor, either on a block behind your leg or keeping your hand on the leg without applying a lot of pressure on it (you should feel a stretch on the inside of your right leg). Keep your hand underneath your shoulders and extend your left arm up towards the ceiling, aligned with your right arm. Hold the posture for 20-30 secs.
- Warrior ll – From triangle pose, bend your right knee to a 90-degree angle & lengthen your spine, bringing both arms parallel to the ground. Engage arms, legs and glutes. Make sure that you bring your left hip forward, aligning the hips. Hold the posture for 20-30 secs.
- Warrior l – From Warrior ll pose, come back into Triangle pose and turn your hips facing forward. From here, lengthen your spine & bring both arms up, palms facing one another. Reposition your left foot so that it is now facing forward as well, engaging the leg & pushing the heel downward. Legs & arms are both engaged. Make sure that your shoulders aren’t too tense, elevate arms up & reposition the shoulder blades downwards. Hold the posture for 20-30 secs.
- Bridge – Come down to your mat, onto your back. Bend both knees to a 90-degree angle, feet hip width apart and parallel to each other. Engaging buttocks & legs & lengthening the spine, lift your hips off the ground, bringing your sternum towards your face. Now lift your heels off the mat and try reaching underneath your heels with your fingertips if possible. If not, leave both hands to the side of your body, palms facing the floor while keeping heels off the mat. Hold the posture for 10-20 secs.
>> REPEAT THIS SEQUENCE TO THE LEFT SIDE * REPEAT ON BOTH SIDES FOR A TOTAL OF 2-3 SETS.
- Tree – Standing up, shift the weight of your body onto your right foot, finding your balance. Now, place your left foot anywhere on the inside of your right leg except on your knee-joint, keeping your hips aligned. Make sure that your right leg is fully engaged while your left foot is pressing against the right leg, equally engaged. Next, with palms together, bring your hands to chest level and from here, slowly bring your arms up towards the ceiling if you can. Find your balance, concentrate your gaze on a point in front of you and your breath. Hold the posture for 30 secs.
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.