One of the hardest things for people to do is mentally get themselves pumped up to go to the gym.
It can be a very challenging task – for myself included. That is why I personally enjoy the gym first thing in the AM. I know that if I push it off until later in the afternoon, I am more likely to talk myself out of going because I have work to do or I do go and finish a few sets and say to myself “that’s enough”!
Following are some Mental Fitness Tips to Help YOU get your Mental Game On:
1. Set Yourself up for Success – If you know that you can’t get to the gym after work or are easily convinced to go to “happy-hour” instead, maybe rethink about when you should be working out. If you’re not a morning person maybe you can work out over your lunch break. What works best for you?
Make it a commitment and stick to it!
2. Don’t be Mean – When I train clients, I really get after them when they talk badly about themselves. I don’t let them beat themselves up. They are only allowed positive vibes when speaking of themselves! And you should do the same!
3. Meditation, Affirmation or Yoga – When thinking of mental fitness, another area I personally like to keep to is either meditate, focus on a daily affirmation or do a little yoga. All of them help me keep my mental game on and positive vibes flowing throughout my day. I personally will do one or two of these each day. Some days I start off with one of them, others I finish with a meditation.
4. Gratitude – Every evening I write in my gratitude journal: the top 3 things I’m grateful for that day. This is my way of reflecting on my day and giving thanks for what has happened.
5. Goals – I like to think of goal setting as if they were a road trip across the country. Usually you have a target destination that you are trying to reach, but you also might have spots you want to pause through along the way. This is similar to goals. For instance, if you say you want to lose 40 pounds, you need to break that into smaller, more reasonable goals. That is why I stress monthly goals with clients, so that they can bite off smaller chunks at the time.
>> Check out Andrea’s “Monthly Promise” & workout calendar HERE.
Anytime you start a new fitness routine , it can be quite challenging. Make sure you take it one day at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Make yourself a fitness roadmap to help you along your healthy lifestyle journey and reevaluate it monthly to avoid getting stuck in a rut.
Lastly, stay positive and have a good attitude about yourself and your body.
Be proud of what you can do rather than focusing on what you can not do.
When it comes to leading a healthy & fit lifestyle, how do YOU get your game on & stay motivated along the journey?
Let us know in the comment section below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.