This healthy burrito recipe is the perfect option for folks transitioning to a vegan diet, it is completely satisfying and finger licking good! It’s also packed with protein, fiber & fresh veggies – the ideal quick & easy soul food vegan dish. I owe this one to my dear old friend, Laurence, who totally rocked my taste buds!!
Without further ado, let’s get cookin’, shall we?
Healthy Vegan Burrito Ingredients
- 3 medium-sized yellow onions
- 2-3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cans of red kidney beans (398 ml each – drained and rinsed – you can also combined with black beens as I did in this recipe)
- 10 Tbsp. filtered water
- 5-6 tomatoes (i used a mix of red, yellow and orange tomatoes)
- 1 avocado
- a bunch of cilantro
- salt, pepper, Jamaican pepper & mixed garden salad spices (to taste)
- veganese (for spreading)
- soft tortillas
Healthy Vegan Burrito Directions
- Chop your onions and saute them at medium heat with olive oil in a large pan until soft, translucent and golden
- while your onions are frying, blend the 3 cans of beans with water, smoothing them out yet still leaving a little bit of chunks for texture
- once your onions are done, simply add the bean mix to the pan & season to taste. Stir for about 10 minutes until the mixture is thick
- chop up your fresh veggies & cilantro and serve with Veganese!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.