AMRAP stands for “As Many Repetitions As Possible”, meaning that you should go through the motion of the listed exercise and complete as many reps as you can during the prescribed amount of time given for a workout without losing impeccable form! (quality ALWAYS beats quantity).
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Full Body Toner” AMRAP Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5-10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up (I like to dance)!
- Set up your stopwatch or timer to 15 minutes
- Perform each exercise listed below, following prescribed amount of repetitions, quickly moving from one exercise to the next (with minimal breaks between exercises)
- Once you complete all 6 exercises, take a 30-60sec. break and repeat until your timer beeps (after 15 minutes)
- Your goal is to complete as many reps as possible while maintaining proper form all throughout the workout
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
“Full Body Toner” AMRAP Workout: Exercise Description
>> Timer Settings: 15 minutes
- Alternating Standing Leg Lifts – stand up straight on your right foot. Keeping your foot flexed, lift your left leg backwards, squeeze your glutes tight and hold for a count and bring your leg back down. Switch sides and repeat, keeping your core tight, spine neutral and knees slightly bent.
- Half Burpee – starting in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck). Hop forward, bringing both feet beneath your armpits, landing into a full squat position, and jump back to starting position. Keep hopping back and forth until your time is up.
- Side Knee Plank Abduction – start in a side plank position with knees bent, with lower elbow to the floor underneath your shoulder, form a straight line from elbow to knees. Place your top hand on your hips and keep your core tight. Keeping all other body parts in the same position, elevate your top leg (keeping knee bent) up, hold for a count and bring back down to starting position.
- Side-to-side Hops + Touch Down – starting in a standing position, feet together, hop laterally from one side to the other, as if you were jumping over an invisible rope on the floor. Touch down each time you land on one side.
- Climbing Planks – starting in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards. Slowly lower your right elbow to the ground below your shoulder onto your forearm, next bring your left elbow down in the same manner as well, assuming elbow plank position. Then bring your right hand back up to the ground, underneath your shoulder and your left hand as well, coming back to starting position. Continue this up-and-down motion until your time is up. Remember to switch sides during your next set, beginning exercise with left side instead.
- Plank Jacks – starting in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards. Start with legs together and just like a jumping jack, jump your legs apart and back together remaining in a plank position, keeping your core tight, supporting your lower back and your pelvis steady (keeping your body in a line – no hips up and down). Keep going as quickly as you can until your time is up.
How many sets where you able to COMPLETE? Let us know in the comment below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.