AMRAP stands for “As Many Repetitions As Possible”, meaning that you should go through the motion of the listed exercise and complete as many reps as you can during the prescribed amount of time given for a workout without losing impeccable form! (quality ALWAYS beats quantity).
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Jump & Plank” AMRAP Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5-10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up (I like to dance)!
- Set up your stopwatch or timer to 15 minutes
- Perform each exercise listed below, following prescribed amount of repetitions, quickly moving from one exercise to the next (with minimal breaks between exercises)
- Once you complete all 4 exercises, take a 30-60sec. break and repeat until your timer beeps (after 15 minutes)
- Your goal is to complete as many reps as possible while maintaining proper form all throughout the workout
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
“Full Body Toner” AMRAP Workout: Exercise Description
>> Timer Settings: 15 minutes
- Jump Squat – start in a standing position, feet shoulder width apart, arms by your side. Squat down until your knees are bent to a 90-degree angle without passing your toes. Swing both arms up over your head and jump up as high as you can. Land gently on the balls of your feet, back into a squat position, Keep going until your time is up.
- Side Plank Kick – start in a side plank position, keeping your body tight & straight from the shoulders down to the ankles, with right hand on the ground, right underneath the shoulder. Next, slowly kick your upper leg forwards as far as your can while keeping the back straight, tap your hangs with your toes and come back to starting side plank position. Keep going until your time is up and don’t forget to switch legs during your next set.
- Back Lunge to Skip – start in a standing position, feet hip width apart and bring your right leg backwards into a lunge position, both knees forming a 90-degree angle. Then, swing your right knee forward, hopping up on your left foot, and gently lang back into a lunge position. Keep going until your time is up and don’t forget to switch legs during your next set.
- Plank Knee Tuck – starting in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck). Bring your knee straight to your chest, hold for a count and return to starting plank position. Repeat reps on the other side.
How many sets where you able to COMPLETE? Let us know in the comment below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.