AMRAP stands for “As Many Repetitions As Possible”, meaning that you should go through the motion of the listed exercise and complete as many reps as you can during the prescribed amount of time given for a workout without losing impeccable form! (quality ALWAYS beats quantity).
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Bring It On” AMRAP Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5-10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up (I like to dance)!
- Set up your stopwatch or timer to 12 minutes
- Perform each exercise listed below, following prescribed amount of repetitions, quickly moving from one exercise to the next (with minimal breaks between exercises)
- Once you complete all 4 exercises, take a 30-60sec. break and repeat until your timer beeps (after 12 minutes)
- Your goal is to complete as many reps as possible while maintaining proper form all throughout the workout
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
“Bring It On” AMRAP Workout: Exercise Description
>> Timer Settings: 12 minutes
- Alternating Side Kick – stand on your right foot holding your fists up & keeping your core tight. Raise your left knee up toward your chest and kick your leg to the left side, pushing your heel out while slightly bending in the opposite direction of your kick. Quickly bring your left leg down and repeat to the right side, alternating sides.
- Split Lunge – start in a standing position with right leg forward and left leg back, placed on a slightly elevated surface of about one foot in height or less (yoga block, stepper, etc.). Slowly lower down your body into a lunge position, bending your right (front) leg to a 90-degree angle & your left leg to a 120-degree angle. Your front knee should NOT be passing over your toes. Hold for a count, engaging your legs, glutes & core tight and come back up to starting position. Repeat prescribed reps on the other side.
- Jump Tuck – start in a standing position, feet hips width apart. Prepare to jump up, slightly bending your knees & sit the butt into a half squat. Jump up into the air, bringing both legs towards the chest, either tapping both knees with your hands or touching the forearms with elbows bent 90-degrees. Land on the balls of your feet. Keep going until your time is up – you might need to take a few mini breaks with this challenging move! Do your best while keeping proper form and soft landing.
- Reverse Plank + Leg Lift – start in a seated position, legs extended in front of you. Place your arms behind you, underneath your shoulders (fingers pointing towards your feet) and slowly lift your body up from the hips, forming a straight line from heels to shoulders. Keeping your hips raised and aligned, lift your right leg up, bring it back down to the ground. Keep going until you’ve completed the prescribed amount of reps. I also like alternating from one side to the other.
How many sets where you able to COMPLETE? Let us know in the comment below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.