It’s time to start a new week; a new day…it’s time to set our intentions, goals and rewards for this week’s challenge!
I’ve started my “Some Like It HOT, 4-Week Fitness Challenge” on June 1st and let me tell you that after only four short days of eating right and training hard I already feel much better! And that right there is a great source of inspiration to keep me going.
Setting up short-term goals will help you stay focused and give you some extra motivation along the way. So let’s take a few moments to write-down our workout plan, plan out our meals for the week, mentally prepare for challenges and obstacles that might come our way, and finally, choose a little reward for our hard work! Shall we?
Here is My Plan for this week
- 2 x HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- 2 x Lower Body Workout
- 1 x Upper Body Workout
- 1 x Yoga
- 1 x Cardio (jogging or P90X)
- Keep eating 4-5 smaller meals a day
- Eat clean unprocessed foods most of the time (90%)
- Keep my salt intake low
- Load up on veggies
- Drink water with every meal in addition to my regular H2O intake
- Have a good source of protein with each meal (natural nut butter, vega protein powder, eggs, chicken, fish, tofu, beans, etc.)
- Have a couple cheat meals a week, ex. 1 day/week (not to be confused with binging all day long and eating as much as I can in a given day)
Reward: A new hairdo, because I am really overdue!
Mental prep.: Always think of my goal and how good I will feel once I reach it. Another great mind tool is visualization; I like to use it while working out, before I even start training and really…any time of the day to keep me focused and persistent!
“Visualization, or imagery, is the ability to create vivid images in your mind of a desired outcome. Visualization can actually reprogram the subconscious mind, the part of the brain that processes thoughts, and triggers emotions, decisions and bodily responses. By visualizing positive outcomes in the quest to build your best physique and by embracing the journey you will be able to turn a daydream into a reality.” Keep reading “Visualization: 4 Steps To Re-Program Your Mind & Achieve Your Ideal Physique!” HERE
What to expect in the following week?
By follower a proper nutrition & training plan, you can achieve wonders in a short matter of time, I am not talking about quick fixes, fad diets or countless hours spent in the gym. Rather, I suggest following a healthy and realistic plan, that will keep you energized and sane! Here is what you can achieve in a short week:
- Feel more energized
- Feel less bloated
- Feel tighter and more toned
- Have a flatter stomach
- Feel more comfortable in your clothes
- Lose 1-3 pounds of fat
Sounds good enough?
I’ll be sharing an awesome printable workout with you all this week, stay tunes!
click on image for source