AMRAP stands for “As Many Repetitions As Possible”, meaning that you should go through the motion of the listed exercise and complete as many reps as you can during the prescribed amount of time given for a workout without losing impeccable form! (quality ALWAYS beats quantity).
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Tone Me Up” AMRAP Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5-10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up (I like to dance)!
- Set up your stopwatch or timer to 12 minutes
- Perform each exercise listed below, following prescribed amount of repetitions, quickly moving from one exercise to the next (with minimal breaks between exercises)
- Once you complete all 3 exercises, take a 30-60sec. break and repeat until your timer beeps (after 12 minutes)
- Your goal is to complete as many reps as possible while maintaining proper form all throughout the workout
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
“Tone Me Up” AMRAP Workout: Exercise Description
>> Timer Settings: 12 minutes
- Elevated Pushup – start in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck) – placing both hands on a slightly elevated surface (box, bench, step). Keeping your entire body engaged and your core tights, lower your body down until your chest hovers over your elevated surface. Hold for a count & come back up to starting position. Keep going until you complete prescribed amount of repetitions. ps. if this posture is too difficult, you can perform the pushups on your knees or to the wall.
- Half Burpee – starting in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck). Hop forward, bringing both feet beneath your armpits, landing into a full squat position, and jump back to starting position. Keep hopping back and forth until your time is up.
- Tricep Dips – Place both hands shoulder width-apart on a stable elevated surface (box, bench, step), keeping arms straight. Feet to the floor, knees bent about 90-degrees. Slowly, drop your hips down towards the ground bending elbows to about a 90-degree angle, while keeping your back straight, close to your bench. Come back up. Keep going until you complete prescribed amount of repetitions.
How many sets where you able to COMPLETE? Let us know in the comment below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.