I seriously have a new obsession, lately I’ve been hanging out at my favorite coffee shop to get some work done first thing in the morning… that’s actually when I’m most productive and when I get things done. Since I tend to stay there for a few hours, sipping on some yummy latte, I tend to get a little hungry towards the end… however, there are absolutely no healthy snack options that I can get myself. So I decided to try out some healthy oatmeal cookie recipes for on the go, I’m naturally a huge fan of oatmeal and these babies are so satisfying and nutritious! You can play around with the ingredients, choosing your own combo and making your own version of it. I’ve tried adding raisins, cranberries, apples, dark chocolate and different nut combos myself, they are all fantastic, yet this one is my favorites for now.
(for 8 servings/large cookies)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small plain yogurt (100gr.)
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup large flakes oatmeal (I tried quick oats and it worked fine as well but preferred it with the large flakes)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 50gr. dark chocolate chunks (use minimum 70%)
- About 10-15 chopped cup hazelnuts
- About 15-20 fresh chopped cherries
- ¼ of a fresh chopped apple (optional- I like the extra sweetness)
- Mix all wet ingredients together
- Add all dry ingredients to the mix except fruits, nuts and dark chocolate
- Fold in cherries, hazelnuts and dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Grease your pan with a tsp. of butter
- Scoop out 8 tbsp. of cookie mix and place in the pan
- Gently press down with a fork for even cooking
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, you will know they are ready when the bottom of the cookie is golden
Carbohydrates: 2,5 gr.
Protein: 6,3 gr.
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.
Latest posts by Isabella Bazzara (see all)
- Soul Candy Sunday: 6 Awakening Rituals that Transformed my Life & Shift me to Higher Vibration! - August 16, 2015
- Perfecting Pre-Workout Nutrition! - August 15, 2015
- 3 NO-BS Secrets to Lasting Weight Loss! - August 3, 2015