It’s time to mix things up with today’s “Total Body Resistance Band Workout”! Hitting a sweat using resistance bands is a great & effective way to target various muscle groups through different angles, especially if you’re used to strength train using your own bodyweight or weights. Switching things up will keep your body guessing & get you quicker results altogether!
On top of that, resistance bands are lightweight, cheap & portable which makes them the perfect piece of equipment to carry along while you’re traveling. win-win-win!
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout on your Phone
Total Body Resistance Band Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Complete 1 set of the exercises listed below, following the order in which they are shown (repetitions are listed prior to each exercise)
- Once you’ve completed the 8 exercises, take a short break (about 60-90 sec.) and repeat for a total of 3 sets
- Your goal is to complete these exercises with proper form & with minimal breaks in between each exercise in order to keep your heart rate up!
- If any of these exercises are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation or take longer breaks in between exercises or again, simply do less repetitions
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles
- A great “on the go” cardio session to combine with this strength training circuit is the “Tushy Toning & Mega Calorie Blasting: Stair Climbing Workout“
Total Body Resistance Band Workout: Exercise Demos
12-15 Squat + Press
12-15 Seated Row
12-15/side Prone Single-leg Extension
12-15 Incline Chest Press
15/side Lateral Band Walk
12-15 Bicep Curl
12-15 Triceps Overhead Extension
Better Workout. Better Results.
The GYMBOSS is a small, easy to use, repeating interval timer. This multi-use timer has many versatile functions that make it beneficial to virtually any type of exercise program. Start working out like a pro and reaching your goals TODAY!
Grab your Gymboss in the color of your choice HERE
Latest posts by Isabella Bazzara (see all)
- Izzy’s Online Finds: Plants, pH & Self-lovin’ ! - September 15, 2014
- Unstoppable Upper Body & Core HIIT Workout from the Summer Quickie Sweat Series no. 07 ! - September 11, 2014
- Easy & Absolutely Delicious Vegan Brownies to The Rescue ! - September 8, 2014