I finally decided to give Tony’s workout a try! I have to admit that I was a little skeptical at first, since I know that this workout involved a lot of squatting and lunging, which work your quads, an area that I’d rather not focus on too much since my quads are already well-defined. But to my surprise, all I felt the next morning was a burning sensation in my glutes, yeah! The workout was fun, challenging, and I am definitely adding it to my weekly routine.
All you will need to complete this workout is:
- A 5lbs.medicine ball (I used a 2lbs dumbbell to start with),
- A chair,
- A stool (I used my bead instead).
This routine includes a variety of kicks, lunges, and squats. You will also be using your core muscles to stay balanced and complete each move with proper form. You will be doing 9 butt firming & sculpting moves consecutively, followed by a short break before repeating the whole set one more time. It took me about 30 minutes to complete the whole routine twice, including a 2 minute break in between.
Click !HERE! for your free PDF PRINTABLE BUN SHAPER routine!
Here goes nothing !
- wide stance side-to-side squat (40reps)
- front knee kick to back lunge (20reps/side)
- side kick (30reps/side)
- 8 card pick-up *
- alternating side crossover lunge (30reps)
- bent over chair back kick (30reps/side)
- sit-down on stool squat (30reps)
- super lunges with medicine ball (20reps) **
- core cut crunch side kick (20reps/side) ***
* 8 card pick-up: Take 8 cards and place them in a straight line (one after the other). Squat down and pick up the first card, get back up, step forward above the second card and squat back down placing the 1st card above the 2nd card. Squat down again and pick back up the 1st card, squat again and pick up the second one too then step forward, squatting down dropping those 2 cards and squatting down again picking them up. Keep going in this manner until you pick up all your cards. It’s a great challenge! You end up doing tons of squats but you have a task to focus on so it’s not so bad.
** Super lunges with medicine ball: Perform the jump lunge while using your medicine ball (or weighed object), twisting your arms and torso to your side as you land on both feet (alternate sides).
*** Core cut crunch side kick: Bend over placing hands on chair in front of you, bring right knee to left elbow, then extend right leg out to your right with a kick.
Don’t forget to warmup before starting this workout and cool down & stretch once you are done!
Enjoy folks 🙂
The Lift Like A Girl Guide: The Sane & Simple way to build a Better Body by Nia Shanks
Lift Like a Girl is a Complete Video Series That Will Show You How to Design Your Own Workout Programs & Follow Eating Patterns Based on Your Experience Level, Lifestyle, and Preferences. Click HERE for more details on this program.