I know as a fact, that many ladies out there tend to put way more emphasis on sculpting their lower bodies. While every gal (and dude) wants a strong curvy booty and nice toned legs, it’s just as important to develop strength and functionality in our upper body. You see, developing a strong upper body will give you good posture which in turn, prevents unnecessary injuries and helps you execute other exercises with proper form (yes even those glute exercises my friends). On top of that, working out your upper body is beneficial in strengthening you core as well!
Convinced? Let’s get sweaty!
What You’ll Need for this Workout
- a pair of dumbbells (weight depends on your fitness level and strength, you may need different weights for different exercises)
- if you are doing this workout at the gym, you can use the Smith machine to perform the inverted rows, otherwise, you can use a stable and sturdy table or two chairs + a pipe or wooden dowel to do this move at home (you can also perform this exercise using an equalizer)
- a bench, box, stool or chair for the triceps dips.
- Start off with a 5/10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Perform one exercise after the other, following the prescribed amount of repetitions
- If any of these exercise are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation (or lighter weights)
- Once you’ve completed your set, do 5 minutes of cardio (equipment of your choice or bodyweight)
- Repeat the prescribed set of exercises followed by the cardio session for a total of 3 times (rounds), taking a short break between each set (approx. 1 minute) if needed
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles
*Spiderman pushup modification
One-arm dumbbell bench press (20 reps = 10/side)
Rear dumbbell lateral raise (you can also perform this exercise standing)
Dumbbell bicep curl to shoulder press
And finally, it’s time to announce our lucky winner for the WOD Magnet set!!!
(our winner was selected randomly using random.org)
Drum roll please…
…and the winner is… Anne-Marie Constantine !!!
Congrats girl! I hope you enjoy these kick-ass magnets!photo credit: SurfaceWarriors via photopin cc
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.