I LOVE working out my booty! There is nothing more rewarding than feeling that after-burn & pump effect you get after completing a kick ass glute workout!
Today’s workout consists of 4 bootylicious glute focused moves that will tighten up all areas of your Gluteus muscles – nothing is left out! We will be completing all sets of each given exercise before moving to the next in order to really exhaust those glutes to the MAX! During each move, make sure you really put major emphasis on contracting those buns.
Sometimes I like to use my hands to feel how tight my muscles are contracting during each rep!
Ready, Set, Burn Booty Burn!
What You’ll Need For this Workout
- a dumbbell
- a barbell (you can also use your dumbbell if you don’t have one)
- ankle weight (you can also use an resistance band at home or the cable machine at the gym)
- a bench or elevated surface for the hip thrusts
Print or Save this Workout on your Phone
Burn Booty Burn – Glute Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 20 minute cardio session (using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight – jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up!
- Perform the prescribed exercises, one after the other; completing ALL sets before moving to the next exercise
- You should adjust your weight (dumbbell, barbell, ankle weight, etc.) so that you struggle to complete the last reps – however you want to able to perform ALL repetitions with perfect form!
- Take short breaks between sets (30-60sec.) & exercises (60-90sec.)
- Once you’ve completed all 4 exercises, set your timer and do 1 minute of squat jumps
- If any of these exercises are too difficult for you, you can modify them with an easier variation or by reducing your weight (if you are a beginner – make sure you are able to perform all sets perfectly before adding weights)
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles
Burn Booty Burn – Glute Workout: Exercise Breakdown
One-leg Dumbbell Squat (12 reps/side)
Barbell Hip Thrust (15 repetitions)
Dumbbell Swing (20 repetitions)
Standing Weighed Hip Abduction (20 reps + 20 pulses/side)
*once you’ve completed 20 reps; do 20 pulses – smaller movements keeping your leg higher up for all reps
Jump Squats (1min.)
* You might enjoy reading:photo credit: flickr
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.