Do you take time out from your busy day to recharge, reconnect & reinforce your BIG VISION & goals?
It’s no secret that we live in a fast-paced world filled with continuous stimuli and distractions. One key to manifesting your true desires, living a life with purpose & “keeping your ZEN” is to take the necessary time out (or time “in” should I say) in order to keep your “Jaunty MOJO” alive!
I’m pretty sure I’m ADD, I have an attention span of a toddler & tend to jump from one idea to the next in a blink of an eye.
If I don’t include some of these morning rituals into my day-to-day life, I’d be pouring out my energy, and in turn, my thoughts and actions, into things that are not serving my bigger visions.
Following are some of my favorite Empowering Morning Rituals that set the tone right for the rest of the day:
1. Warm Oil Ayurvedic Self-Massage
Using the tips in this guide, I started massaging myself with warm organic & cold-pressed sesame oil a couple weeks ago & I’m already a big fan! There is something so soothing, so calming and loving about taking the time to pamper your own self!
A few benefits of Ayurveda Self-Massage – “Abhyanga” include:
- reduces the effect of aging by nourishing & softening the skin
- aids and increases circulation
- calms & suites the nervous system – hallelujah!
- increases mental alertness
- promotes better & deeper sleep
- increases level of stamina throughout the day…
So why not give yourself some extra lovin’ this morning hot stuff!?
2. Visualization & Setting your Intentions
I’ve been practicing visualization for as long as I can remember. Being a very visual person naturally, this method has helped me fuel my overall intentions and actions most effectively throughout the years. Right next to my bed, I have a set of inspirational printouts containing my monthly goals and intentions (related to my personal growth, career path, as well as my health & fitness). I’ve added some powerful quotes and images to these pages that help me get into my “power zone”. Simply looking at these printouts, gets me excited about my goals & propels me in the right direction for the rest the rest of the day! You may also like to create you very own vision board, here are a few tips.
3. Meditation & Crystals
Lately, I’ve been acting a little woo-woo around crystals! No seriously, there is something magical about these sparkling stones & they also happen to be great tools for meditation, visualization and intention setting as well! I’ve set up a little “ritual space” in my bedroom, with candles, journals & crystals. Depending on the day and how I feel, I’ll sit down comfortably and do a little meditation, breathing techniques or simple speak my desires holding on to my crystals and wearing them afterwards. It’s a beautiful thing… To learn more about the healing effect of crystals, you should definitely check out this short movie from “Spirit Science”!
4. Brisk Walk + Powerful Audio
Although I haven’t been brisk walking lately, I’ve been missing this morning ritual quite a bit & might get back into it sooner than later. Breaking a sweat first thing in the morning is truly uplifting & fueling… pair it up with some inspirational audio & you’re ready to hit the day with determination, poise & confidence! It’s up to you, you can download some audio books or enjoy a podcast during your mind-body sweat session. Here are some of the podcasts I’ve been lovin’:
- The Rich Roll Podcast
- The Wellness Wonderland Radio
- The Accidental Creative Podcast
- The Unplug Podcast
- Underground Wellness Radio
5. Sun Salutation
I’ve welcomed back a “semi-regular” Yoga practice into my life & I’ve been lovin’ it! If you don’t have time to commit to a full on yoga practice at this time, why not include a few Sun Salutation sequences into your morning ritual in order to relax the mind, tone & stretch the body & uplift the spirit?
6. Journaling & Reading
Just this morning, I springed out of my apartment to enjoy some delightful a.m. reading, journaling & cappuccino at my favorite coffee/cheese cake shop! These day’s I’ve been inspired by the beautiful Sophia Amoruso – founder & CEO of “Nasty Gal” and her #Girlboss book! YUM. I won’t lie, I need a steady flow of inspiration to stay aligned with my true desires at times. Journaling & connecting with other inspirational folks (whether it’s through a book, online or in real life) definitely helps reset your focus on what counts & gets you in a productive zone for the rest f the day.
Additional Tips on Morning Rituals:
- Often times I’ll mix & match these rituals as I please, you don’t want to make your morning ritual another nagging task, on the contrary, it should feel exciting, uplifting and stimulating. You make the rules here and you should do what makes YOU feel good and what gives YOU the results that you’re looking to achieve. I am in no way dogmatic about my morning rituals, I allow myself to skip them altogether if I please & just be spontaneous in fulfilling my gut desires!
- Although there are many useful blueprints and outlined guides to meditation, visualization, goal & intention setting, etc. out there, in most cases, I prefer using them as inspiration while creating my own rituals by not following any specific advice to the letter (unless it works wonders for me). I believe that this is what makes it so fun & useful personally. My morning rituals are my “play time” and nobody knows what gets me to that magical place more than I do!
How about you, do you have a morning ritual that you absolutely LOVE? Share it with the rest of the community in the comment section below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Discover the best-kept secret in the food marketing industry and uncover the strategies that will effortlessly shed pounds off your body. The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.