AMRAP stands for “As Many Repetitions As Possible”, meaning that you should go through the motion of the listed exercise and complete as many reps as you can during the prescribed amount of time given for a workout without losing impeccable form! (quality ALWAYS beats quantity).
What You’ll Need For this Workout
Print or Save this Workout Infographic
“Tone Me Up” AMRAP Workout: Breakdown
- Start off with a 5-10 minute warm-up session (you can warm-up using your favorite piece of cardio equipment or with your own bodyweight (jumping jacks, jog in place, etc.), as long as you get that heart rate up (I like to dance)!
- Set up your stopwatch or timer to 15 minutes
- Perform each exercise listed below, following prescribed amount of repetitions, quickly moving from one exercise to the next (with minimal breaks between exercises)
- Once you complete all 4 exercises, take a 30-60sec. break and repeat until your timer beeps (after 15 minutes)
- Your goal is to complete as many reps as possible while maintaining proper form all throughout the workout
- Don’t forget to cool-down and stretch those muscles!
“Tone Me Up” AMRAP Workout: Exercise Description
>> Timer Settings: 15 minutes
- Plank with Shoulder Taps – start in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck). Keeping your hips square, lift your right hand off the ground and tap your left shoulder. Slowly bring your hand back to the ground and repeat on the other side. Keep alternating sides until you complete the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- Squat Jumps – start in a squat position, feet shoulder width apart, knees bent 90-degrees, elbows bent in front of you. Then, jump up as high as you can and land back down gently onto the balls off your feet, back into a squat position. Keep going until your time is up.
- Knee Pushups – start in a front plank position, hands underneath the shoulders, body in a straight line, core tight, looking downwards (neutral neck). Drop both knees down to the ground, forming a straight line from knees to head. Slowly lower your body down until you almost touch the floor with your chest. Come back up. Keep going until you complete the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- Forward Squat Jumps – start in a squat position, feet shoulder width apart, knees bent 90-degrees, elbows bent in front of you. Then, jump as far as you can in front of you, landing softly on the balls of your feet, into a squat position once again. Turn around & flow right into your next forward squat jump. Keep going until your time is up.
How many sets where you able to COMPLETE? Let us know in the comment below!
A 30-day Eating Guide to Your Best Body Ever!
Fuel your body like a PRO – For ultimate health, optimal body composition & energy! The Body Fuel System comes with a 30-day customized weekly whole food eating plan, a weekly shopping guide, a weekly food-prep guide, healthy fitness recipes, Betty Rocker’s top 5 ab-shredding moves, additional tips & tricks to keep you lean and much more. Click HERE for more details.